Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I Heart Etsy

As has become my habit, I've done most of my Christmas shopping online this year. Primarily at one place: Etsy. I adore Etsy. I'd heard about it awhile back at Dooce, and always figured I'd like it, but this is the first time I've really been and shopped and I'm very impressed both with the usability of the site and with the wares for sale.

I particularly like the feature that I could choose to shop locally. So I went online to find things that were being made in my area that I would never have found otherwise. One seller is even located in the very city I live in!

It's amazing how the Internet can be used to access merchants both far and near. I can buy CDs in the UK and ship them directly to my friends there .... or I can find a jewelry maker who lives 10 minutes away from me. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments: