Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm Ready for Bed by 7:00am

Okay, I really have been slacking on the blog. I can't believe I haven't written about this yet! A little before Christmas, I got an email from our pediatrician's office saying that, as a gift to the parents, they were offering a two-week free trial at Cleveland Fitness Bootcamp. After a few weeks of dithering, I signed up. For 5:30-6:30am, two days a week.

This appeals to me for a lot of reasons. I've finally come to accept that I MUST workout before Eleanor is awake; otherwise, it won't happen. There's too many other things going on, either legitimate needs or convenient excuses. I was actually doing well last winter, working out, but then in May Eleanor started getting up at 6:00 or 6:30am and I couldn't work out before that (okay, I refused to) so my workouts slid. Next thing I know, it's Christmas and I'm like a lump of sugar cookie dough waiting to be formed, all jiggly and, well, lumpy.

I also do like working out in the morning. Getting up at 4:50am to work out at 5:30 is a little early, even for me, but I love getting home by 6:45 and getting a shower and being done by 7:30. Keith hates to see me in the kitchen after I get back.

"Hi!" I beam. "Isn't it a wonderful morning?"

He grunts and avoids eye contact, like any normal human being would.

Days like today, however, can be rough. It was a tough workout this morning, and I have a hard time getting to sleep early enough the nights before. So it's nice to be done and showered by 7:30am ..... except when I'm already dragging and I open the bathroom door and Eleanor is already awake. Most days I have at least a half-hour of downtime so I can recuperate before starting my full-time Mom gig. Today was not one of those days.

But! I have made it to every workout so far, which is a good thing. I haven't lost any weight (mostly because of my diet, I'm sure). My usual daily workout of picking up/putting down Eleanor 50+ times and carrying her the equivalent of 6 miles or so throughout the day has gotten a bit easier. In the end I signed up for 3 months, so I can keep doing this until the weather warms up and Beckett and I can start running in the mornings again. Hopefully I can make it that long!

No comments: