Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Race Day Success!

It was a good, wet weekend. I finished the 10k in 1:06:10, which is a 10:41 pace. Especially considering that it rained the entire race, I'm very happy with those results. Happy to have made progress, and also encouraged to shoot for getting a new 10k PR by the end of the summer. Madness, you say? It just might be. But I'll give it my best shot!

The clouds hovered but didn't open up for Eleanor's race on Saturday afternoon. After running around the house all morning, she fell asleep in the car on the way to the race and was completely out of it. I thought I was going to have to carry her, just to get her stinkin' medal! But she did consent, at the last minute, to standing on her own and ambling the 25 yards. To her, the best part was the balloons at the finish. Balloons!

Keith and Karen also had a great, soggy race on Sunday morning. Keith wanted to finish somewhere between 3:30 and 4:00 (obviously, the closer to 3:30 the better), and finished in 3:42:51, which is an 8:30 pace. Karen just barely missed her under 5 hour goal, finishing in 5:06:42 (11:43 pace).

Congrats to all of us, and everyone that participated!

4 comments:

FitGeGe said...

Congratulations! M, you look awesome! What a great pace, too!!

cat said...

I'd probably run faster if there were balloons at the finish too! :)

M. Lubbers said...

Thanks for the congrats! Maybe I should buy myself balloons for the end of every race:)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Well done! Wonderful photo too :)