Friday, November 02, 2007

Taking Unproductivity to the Next Level

I've been a complete and total slacker at work this week. This is a problem*.

I tell myself often and at length—in between checking my Google reader feed and reading random wikipedia entries—that I should really start, I don't know, actually doing something. And yet, my brain refuses to focus. Why am I so distracted this week? Is it:
  • The race coming up this weekend?
  • Too much going on with the side business?
  • The recent cold snap has frozen my synapses?
I'm having a hard time pinpointing it. If it's either of the first two reasons, I should be better next week because the race will be over and I think we'll be mostly caught up on the side biz (fingers crossed). And that would be a good thing, because there's plenty to be doing at work. Piles of plenty are overflowing my inbox and oozing across all flat surfaces.

If the third item is the source of my unproductivity, then I'm in serious trouble. Early November in Ohio means the cold hasn't even begun to set in yet. Typically it doesn't get really cold until January and February.

Anyway, what was I saying? I had a theme for this post, but I can't be bothered to remember what it is. Maybe I should see what's going on during Layer Tennis.

* This week's blogfriday word: problem

3 comments:

Mad Kane said...

I sure can relate! :)
Mad Kane

Jonathan Beckett said...

I am full of ideas for other people to do, and rarely do any of them myself, so can relate.

If you want some ideas of fun things to do that don't actually get you anywhere with anything, just shout.

The list could be a blog post, couldn't it - "ways to waste an hour".

M. Lubbers said...

Mad Kane: Looking at your many blogs, I don't know how you have time to work, much less skive!

Jonathan: Likewise, with all of the activities posted on your blog, work and otherwise, you seem to be the model of productivity. But I guess maybe we always think that about others, but not ourselves? I would love a post about "Ways to Waste an Hour." I'll be on the lookout for it!