Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gearing Up for Camping

This coming weekend, we will be taking Eleanor on her first camping trip.

I think that she'll love it, and I'm really looking forward to seeing her reaction to the whole experience. I am a bit nervous about bedtime, though. I guess she'll just sleep between Keith and I, in our sleeping bags in the tent? But does that mean we go to bed with her, at 8 o'clock in the evening? Or do we leave her in there by herself? What are the chances that I can slowly back out through the tent flap, and not wake her up with the loud sound of the zipper closing?

Plus, there's all the other sounds of a busy campground at night. Cars coming around the road, with headlights shining into the tent .... I guess we will just have to try our hardest to wear her out during the day, so she zonks at night?

It's going to be interesting!

1 comment:

Helen said...

From my EXTENSIVE experience - babies are exhausted at night- maybe she'll fall asleep in your lap around the campfire and we can hold her till you all go to bed???? I'm sure it will all work out.

Mom
PS: I don't think we should tell the scary stories ...yet.