Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Woxy Rocks!

I think that I have been negligent in my promotion of woxy, but I'm telling you all right now, you should listen to this Internet radio station 24/7. Woxy is like the coolest best friend you never had.

I started listening when I was looking for a radio station soon after moving to Dayton and found one that played JJ72 then Pearl Jam. To find a station that played JJ72 at all, much less followed by Pearl Jam?!? It was a miracle.

A few years ago, they sold the "terrestrial station" as the kids call it, and moved over to solely Internet broadcasting. There is a monthly fee if you want the supercool bestest streaming sound, but if you're just giving it a try you can also listen for free to a 24k stream.

Although woxy and I always got along fabulously, we grew apart at my last full-time job, when I wasn't allowed to listen to streaming media. I'd drop in and say "hi" every once in a while, but not too often. Now, at my most recent job, I can listen to the radio all day and woxy and I are again BFF.

Which reminds me that I should be touting the benefits of woxy to everyone I know. It will make your hair thicker, help you lose weight, bring you better luck in life and love, and get rid of the dandelions in your front yard. Additionally, they also play fantastic indie/alternative bands like:
  • Gomez
  • Pearl Jam
  • Placebo
  • The Shins
  • Postal Service
  • Ben Harper
  • Franz Ferdinand
  • Broken Social Scene
  • Sleater-Kinney
and many multitudes more. So quit reading, and go check it out! (If you're too lazy to scroll up to the link at the top of the article, click here.)

No comments: