Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My Education Is Lacking

I wish I knew more about the practical aspects of everyday life. The Industrial Arts. The kinds of things they don't teach you in the college prep track in high school.

I guess they assume, as a college graduate, you'll hire someone to take care of those things. Which is what we do. But after getting my car fixed last week and a visit from the plumbers this week, I don't know how much more we can afford. What with all these payments on our student loans, there's not a lot of extra money floating around.

With how expensive college is these days, and how quickly student loan debt is rising, colleges should be forced to offer a minimum of 1-credit hour courses on car care, basic plumbing, handyman 101, etc. Maybe it would decrease the percentage of grads defaulting on their student loans?

No comments: