Friday, April 06, 2007

I'll take two!

I got some really good presents this year for my birthday. Keith got me a fabulous scanner, that I can't wait to use for scrapbooking, etc. I also got CDs and a Margaret Atwood book and the gift that keeps on giving--a Borders gift card.

However, in case I couldn't figure it out on my own, I have a surefire way of telling that I got great gifts: my sisters bought them for themselves, too. Amy gave me a really cool deck prism. It's a glass prism that's meant to sit flush with a wooden ship's deck, and distribute the light below deck. It's quirky, elegant, and useful! I love it. As I was exclaiming over it last night, Amy admitted she couldn't resist buying one for herself.

Erin got me some cute clothes for work. Dark grey pants, light turquoise shirt, and a scarf with both colors in it, among others. I'm very excited to have new clothes for work instead of the same old. Erin said I could return the clothes if I wanted to ... but she did try them on and they looked fabulous. Her pants are brown, but the shirt's the same.

I think that's one of the highest compliments a present can get, if the giver wants one for herself too. They really are fabulous gifts, and I think we'll all enjoy them. As long as Keith didn't secretly buy himself a second scanner!

No comments: