Friday, December 14, 2007

Going Off-Duty

My time as my Mom's personal aide is nearly over. My younger sister is here to take over. Keith and I have to pack up and get ready to head down to Dayton for for his best friend's wedding.

It should be a beautiful wedding. Keith and Michael have been best friends since they were 3 years old. We love Michael's fiance and he has a wonderful family, so it will be a great time.

I'm a little sad to leave my Mom, though. It's been a wonderful opportunity to spend some time with her, just chatting and reading and being together. It's also been great to take care of her and return just a tiny amount of the love and affection that she's given me over the past several decades.

And it's been nice in the evening when my Dad gets home, and we can all hang out together in the living room. Animals and all. But it's good to see that my Mom is on the mend and continues to improve daily. And I look forward to seeing her again on Sunday!

2 comments:

Bren said...

Hay Megan!

I've been a slacker and gone and had a real life for the last few days, so I've just had to have a big Gapesnest update all in one hit!

Sounds like you had a pretty good time looking after yer Mum, and great to hear she's recuperating well. Also really cool to see you have one of those families that are CLEARLY always there for each other. That's what family is supposed to be all about. Yay!

Does this mean yer gonna go back to infrequent updates?

Cheers!



Bren
(must sort out changing my blogger name to Bren now that I've remembered my login and password ;))

M. Lubbers said...

Bren: I'm back to my infrequent updates, I'm afraid. I try to post at least 3 times, Mon-Fri, but that's always subject to my to-do list and my mood. As always, I'll do my best;)

I am lucky to have a wonderful family, and I appreciated the opportunity to lend a helping hand. Plus it was just nice to spend time together.

I hope you enjoyed your Gapesnest extravaganza;) Just because I knew you'd be keeping up, I made sure to post 5 times last week and keep my promise!