Friday, July 03, 2009

Intermittently Annoying

There's been a ridiculous amount of rain here over the past week. So I've been reminded on many car trips that our 2003 Toyota Matrix only has one intermittent wiper setting.

What's the deal with that?!? Keith's first car was a 97 Chevy Cavalier and mine was a 2000 Chrysler Neon. Both of these cars were compact cars, bought second-hand, because we could barely afford any car loan at all. I needed my dad to co-sign so that I could even get the loan, since all I had was student debt and a few months of full-time work under my belt.

My point being: both of these cars had several intermittent wiper settings. So whether the clouds are just spittin', or the skies have opened up, you could get just the right amount of wiper action. I thought, with buying a foreign crossover car, we were moving up a step on the car-buying rung. But instead, only ONE intermittent wiper setting?!? Really?!? I will keep this in mind for next time, Toyota!

No comments: