Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Post-Vacation Blues

Well, we're back, and I'm depressed.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I don't handle change very well. Even the transition from planning a trip to reminiscing about it is somewhat traumatic for me. I wish it wasn't so, but there it is.

Glacier was absolutely amazing. I've never seen anything like it before. We had a great time hiking and eating and sleeping, then repeating the process the next day. In the next few blogs I'll talk a little more about the trip, but for now all I can do is mourn its passing.

I have many, many other things to look forward to. We're getting settled in our house. Now that the trip's over and we don't have any others planned for a while, we're going to get a kitten and a dog. Overall, life is good.

But it will probably take me another day or so before I can really start focusing on those things. For now, I can only look backwards and sigh. Yesterday at this time, we were hiking up a trail and immersed in nature. There were so many wonderful things to look forward to, and now they're all behind me.

It was a wonderful trip. And once I've accepted it's over, I'll tell you all about it.

No comments: