Monday, May 14, 2007

Post-Race Relaxing

Okay, last post about running for quite some time--I promise.

Saturday morning's race was really good. I was glad that Monica and her younger sister Maya could join us, because Mon and I run about the same (tortoise) pace, and Maya could actually keep up with Keith, so everyone had a pace-appropriate partner! I think everyone was happy with their times--I was happy with the doughnut, smoothie (x2), popcorn, and mini-muffin I had afterwards.

My parents came to cheer us on. This is only the second race we've run in Cleveland, and it was great to have them there. After the race we all wandered around the zoo for a bit, but it was a lot colder out than it looked. If you stood in a patch of sun, and the wind was calm, it was a beautiful day. But as soon as the sun disappeared behind the cloud or a breeze blew, you wanted to head inside to warm up.

So I made it through two races in two weekends, and I believe both my legs are still attached and functioning. If that changes, I'll be sure to let you know. I'm looking forward to sitting around all Saturday afternoon at my sister-in-law's wedding shower this coming weekend. A nice change of pace!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, last post about running for a while — fine.

Last post for a while? Come on! I need something to amuse me between 8 and 4:30! : )

M. Lubbers said...

It's true! I've been a slacker lately. But I'm trying to make up for it today.

Hopefully next week I won't actually have to work at work, and my posting will be more reliable.

But it's good to know you missed me:)