Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Quiet Homecoming

Well, we're back. The trip to New York was sad and good, if that's possible. Obviously the wake and funeral were hard for everyone, but it was also good to spend time with Keith's family, and hear so many wonderful stories about his uncle.

The next time we'll see them will be under much happier circumstances--at Keith's sister's wedding in early July. That seems far off, but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it.

I'm happy to report that our animals have not forgotten who we are, and actually seemed to miss us. I was afraid that, between cat treats for Gomez at my parent's house, and a rambunctious doggie playmate for Beckett at Erin and Josh's house, they wouldn't want to come home. But they seemed glad to be back at the house, investigating every corner to ensure nothing had changed in their absence. They both slept with us last night, and Gomez even curled up on my lap this morning for a few minutes before work.

I'm really looking forward to walking Beckett when I get home from work, and just getting back into the routine of things. Of the past 6 weekends, we've been gone for 4. I'm excited for some quiet, uneventful time at home.

No comments: