Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Being Sick Sucks

And being sick when you're a temp and don't get paid for sick time is even worse. We just took off 3 days for the funeral in New York. Then we had last Monday off as a holiday. And this week, I'm sick, courtesy of Keith's family at the funeral.

It's not enough I haven't been able to sleep for a week because Keith is hacking up a lung every night. No! I have to get sick, too.

Looking at Word's clipart depressed me even further. I searched on the word "sick" and it came up with all sorts of sick people laying in bed, being cared for by others. These sickies got to relax and get better. But can I do that? No! Because if I stay home, I don't get paid. And I've already done too much of that.

So I pop various pills and elixirs in the morning, arm myself with cough drops and Kleenex, and head into work. Where people give me the evil eye for showing up and possibly infecting them. But if you would pay me to stay home, I would happily do it!

Then, I head home. And since Keith's sick too, there's no rest to be had. We're both miserable, and we still have to walk the dog, make dinner, clean the kitchen, etc.

Can you tell I'm really a wuss when it comes to getting sick? I've been wallowing in self-pity for a couple days now, so hopefully that means this cold will be on its way soon.

No comments: