Friday, June 29, 2007

Business: Full Speed Ahead

Okay, maybe not "full speed," but we're making some progress.

A few months ago, I posted about possibly starting a web design/development business with Keith. We decided to go ahead and give it a shot because it's the kind of business that doesn't take a lot of money/dedication to start. You just kinda tell people you're open for business and see what happens.

That was how I thought of it, anyway. Of course, it's required significantly more effort than that. We've been busy re-designing the websites of three family/friend guinea pigs, so we can offer a portfolio of successful sites to prospective clients. I've also been really busy on the business end, registering our business as an LLC (still in the works), creating a basic contract, coming up with rates and standard packages to offer. Oh, and we still need a website of our own--minor detail.

Our original goal was to be "open for business" as of July 1, so it was a clear split for tax purposes between working from home and not. I don't know about that date anymore--I'm thinking it'll still be sometime in July, but not by Sunday. Definitely not by Sunday.

I'll let you know when there's more news. I know you all can't wait to hire us and pay us lots of money so I can quit my day job!

No comments: