Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Countdown to Meltdown

Okay, so I'm starting to freak out a little bit. Am I really signed up for a 10k on Saturday? Is there any way that I could possibly be ready to race 6.2 miles?

I mean, I'm not really "racing." I don't have a specific time goal in mind that I have to reach. I just have to finish. But .... I haven't been in a race since November 2007. That's a long time, my friends. As the day approaches, I'm feeling pretty intimidated. What, exactly, made me think this was a good idea?

I'm really, REALLY looking forward to Saturday afternoon. Once it's over, I survived, and I can just hang out and enjoy Eleanor's first-ever race: a 15-foot Diaper Dash. As Keith and Emily get more tense and excited about the marathon, I will be breathing a sigh of relief.

Assuming I'm still vertical and breathing, that is.

No comments: