Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Family That (Watches Other People) Plays Together

My cousins from Poughkeepsie NY were in town most of last week for the Indians/Yankees series.
Thursday night we had over my cousins, parents, sisters/brother-in-law, aunt, and uncle for dinner and to watch the Cavs game.

It was nice to spend time with my cousins, since we don't get to see them very often. I have plenty of memories of vacations and trips to visit them when we were younger, but I can probably count on 3 fingers the number of times I've seen them as adults. As I said to Keith, it was kind of a relief to realize that I actually like them and think that they are great guys! I didn't really know what to expect, since the last time we spent any extended amount of time together, Madonna was on her Blonde Ambition tour.

Family, especially extended family, is such a funny thing. How you can know so much about each other, but so little. Even after seeing my cousins several days in a row, I can't tell you what hobbies they have or books they are reading, or what their plans are for the next 5 years. But I can say that they are kind, thoughtful people with an outstanding sense of humor (I did uses that singularly, because the two of them share the exact same type of humor). Good family to have around.

No comments: