Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Chakras Aligned?

So I just finished reading Lily Dale, a book subtitled "the true story of the town that talks to the dead." It's all about Spiritualism and mediums and whether it's possible to receive messages from the Great Beyond.

Like the author, I'm pretty skeptical. But I want to believe. I want to believe in something greater than ourselves, but I'm afraid of being duped. Which, of course, is the problem with holding any religious beliefs. How do you really know they're true?

Partly what fascinated me about the book is how the majority of messages transmitted were all about love and acceptance. People who have "passed" say that they're happy and still love the ones left behind. In particular, I felt an affinity for the author who was very driven and stressed herself out trying to be perfect at her career and life in general. The message she kept getting through mediums and student mediums was, "Let go. Relax."

I could use a message from the spirit world telling me that I can relax more. Everything will take care of itself. I feel like I would definitely be a more content person if I weren't always stressing out that I should be doing more, or doing better, or have a more solid plan for success. But I don't know how to stop. Maybe if I become more in tune with myself and align my chakras correctly, Grandma Stroh will stop by and tell me how.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, yes. Stars, chakras. May we find perfect alignment soon.

(P.S. I believe in ghosts. I don't know that I could read this book. Freak me out.)