Thursday, April 13, 2006

Kitchen Diversion

I'll admit it: I'm writing in my blog to avoid packing up the kitchen. I'm mostly caught up on e-mail and have been surfing the web. After I got up, I laid back on the couch and took a nap. I just can't face the kitchen.

I don't know if it's the kitchen per se, or the fact that it's one of the last rooms. Maybe I've just run out of patience for dealing with bubble wrap and the puzzle of fitting as much as possible into one box, so as to avoid the cost and hassle of going out to buy more boxes that we're just going to dispose of once they're unpacked.

I do like seeing all of the writing on the boxes we have now. Many of them were part of Erin and Josh's move into their house and then were part of our move here. One box was Erin's textbooks, turned kitchen items last move, to hold the contents of the study desk this time.

I think the kitchen is so intimidating because of the number of cabinets. When I realize how much pots and pans and dishes and glassware we have tucked out of sight, it's enough to make me want to go back to bed. Again.

But I'll forge on. At least the fridge and pantry have been emptied, so the smelliest of the trash is gone. Maybe I can convince myself to put in a good hour's worth of work before being distracted by something else. Of course, the study does need to be dusted ....

No comments: