Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Formerly Fastidious Pooch

As I may have mentioned, since moving in with my parents I’ve been walking their dog. She’s a wonderful dog and I love her very much.

One of her very endearing traits has always been her reluctance to “do her business,” as it were, in other people’s yards. She’s very particular about keeping her business in her own backyard, which I find quite admirable. Before we go for a walk, I let her spend some time in the backyard just in case, and then we’re off.

But, as of today, she has now twice pooped during our walks in the past week. Twice! What happened to the fastidious pooch that never, in nearly 8 years, has done such a thing?!? I’ve always believed that it was the job of the dog owners to pick up after their pets. It was easy to smugly argue for the conduct when it didn’t actually apply to me.

But now I am forced to carry plastic bags on our walks and there's a good chance I might actually have to use one. I don't know what got rid of the dog's inhibitions, but I don't approve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look quite elegant in the picture. Do you always walk the dog in stilettos? ;)

I think Seinfeld has a bit about aliens coming to Earth and thinking that the dogs are the leaders because the humans are walking around with the bags of dog poop. Why would the superior being carry the poop? (Then again, I could argure that there are some nutty pet owners who do believe that their dogs are the superior beings.)