Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Honeymoon Envy

I have to admit, this is a tough week for me. Sunday Jessi and Jeremy left on a fabulous honeymoon in Mexico. But not just in Mexico--they're staying at the same resort Keith and I stayed at for our honeymoon.

We had an amazing time on the honeymoon. We loved the resort, and the beaches. I loved getting to sleep in, take an afternoon siesta after laying on the beach all morning, and reading by the pool in the afternoon. I don't know if there's ever been a time where I was as relaxed as I was on the honeymoon.

So all this week, I come to work and think about the resort and being on our honeymoon. I know that Jessi and Jeremy are having a great time; I picture them laying by the pool or eating in one of the restaurants, and think about how I wish I was there. (Not with them on their honeymoon of course, that would be creepy.)

Jessi did have a great idea--we all go back to that resort in 5 years. We've also been working on Keith's brother and fiancee to honeymoon at the same resort (It's a tradition!) but I don't think they're going for it. So while I'm jealous this week, I'll console myself with thoughts of being back on that beach and by that pool 5 years from now.

No comments: