Monday, July 09, 2007

Wedding in Louisville

So apparently I've been a very bad blogger of late. Apologies! We can all hope it's not a trend starting, but one never knows....

As many of you are aware, we were in Louisville last weekend for Keith's sister's wedding. It was a really beautiful ceremony and it was great to see all of his extended family. Even better, his brother is getting married in October, so we'll see everyone again in just a few months!

As Jessi was working through the details of wedding and reception planning, I remembered just how much work goes into planning a wedding. Keith and I said to each other several times, "I'm so glad we're already married and done with all of that."

But then, when it came to the ceremony, it brought back so many good memories of our wedding that it made me want to do it all over again. Jessi compared it to childbirth--once it's all over, the pain and anguish fades, and you just remember the beautiful result. I would have to agree with her about the wedding planning, although I can't speak to the childbirth experience.

Maybe we'll have a rededication of vows ceremony at some point. Nothing too big; maybe just 50 people, I'm picturing something indoors this time, with a live band ....

Congratulations to Jessica and Jeremy, the newlyweds!

No comments: