Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Some years, I'm totally in the mood for the holiday season (To me, that's Halloween through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's.) Other years, I just can't be bothered. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my stress level throughout the preceding year. Stressful year=no holiday spirit. Relatively relaxed year=increased holiday cheer. It's just my recent theory—I'll have to think about it some more and try to pay attention in the future to see if this bears out.

If that's the case, then this year must have been positively stress-free, because I can't wait for the holidays! For the past week or so I've been freaking myself out with scary movies, imagining dark, moving shadows when walking the dog in the morning, and checking out a cheesy list of the Most Haunted Places in the U.S.

As most of my family knows, I love the "I Spy" books, and I Spy Spooky Night is my favorite.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find my copy. But fortunately, my sister Amy sent me some links to give me my "I Spy Fix." Enjoy!

I Spy at Scholastic: Here's a few free online I Spy games (including one from I Spy Spooky Night). If you really like it, you can buy a CD-Rom of I Spy games.

M&M's: 50 Dark Movies Hidden in a Painting
: This is a very cool game, but also very addictive. Keith and I spent several hours (off and on) last night trying to figure out the answers. And we cheated a bit. And still only got halfway through. It's worth looking at tonight just to hear the eerie music that plays while you search. Of course, now I'm craving one of my favorite candies: peanut M&Ms.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ARRRRRRRGH!!

Thanks for that, Megan... I've only spent 6 minutes and found 14/50 and am already TOTALLY addicted to the M&Ms game. Mmmmmmm M&Ms!

Jonathan Beckett said...

I know exactly what you mean about stress affecting your spirit.

I guess the trick is to become a bit more unthinking...

M. Lubbers said...

Jonathan: Here's hoping your year has been unthinking and your holidays delightful;)

Bren: If you're still puzzling over the M&Ms puzzle, check out this post at Having No Blog Is Your Blog. She found some clues and answers online.

jeremy said...

MM's Game
November 5th
3:16 - J Gray

M. Lubbers said...

I need more details, Jeremy.
--Is that minutes and seconds? Or hours and minutes?
--Is that time without cheating?
--Is that the first time you played, or did you get partway earlier and then start again so it went faster?
--Are you just an M&M genius?

jeremy said...

Three minutes and sixteen seconds...

Cheating? I don't understand the
question....

Definitely not my first attempt, it took me a little longer the first time.


I wouldn't call myself an M&M genius, but i do enjoys an M&M from time to time.

M. Lubbers said...

Do you get free M&Ms for being on the wall of fame? That would totally be worth it.