Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm Tired

I'm guessing not quite hungover, but functioning at close to the same level from a complete lack of sleep. In fact, if I even remember to upload this post on Monday and pick up the handset instead of the date stamp when the phone rings, we should all consider ourselves lucky.

See, I'm actually writing this on Friday. ("Cheater!" you gasp.) Because this coming/past weekend, Keith and I are going to the Pearl Jam concert in Cincinnati on Saturday night and then driving to Pittsburgh for a Gomez concert on Sunday night. Which means we don't get back to Cleveland until the wee hours of Monday morning, just a short snooze before we both get up and head to work.

So I thought it would enhance everyone's enjoyment of this blog and increase the potential of coherent sentences if I went ahead and pre-emptively wrote this blog before Monday. But I can tell you what Monday will be like: I'll be tired. Really, really tired.

Because I'm now old. Not so old that I had to sneak my cane into the concerts or anything. But old enough that going to two concerts in one weekend and staying up past the bewitching hour on Sunday night intimidates me, and makes me feel as though next week will be a very long week.

For today, just take solace in the thought that you're feeling better than I am. Because I'm old and wussy and sleep-deprived. Tomorrow/Tuesday, the plan is to let you know how the concerts were. If I manage to get out of bed, that is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I call it in my comment on Friday or what?

From EW: POPWATCH

Snap judgment: Jessica Simpson's new single

I sure hope Jessica Simpson's already sent thank-you notes to Madonna and Diana Ross: Her new single, ''A Public Affair,'' pretty much rips off Madge's "Holiday" (seriously, try singing "Hol-i-day-eee! Celebraaaate!" over the opening notes, then again on the chorus... and that drumbeat breakdown in the middle calls for 100 black rubber bracelets), then works in a riff from "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."


http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/06/snap_judgment_j_1.html


(I hope the link comes out right today.)

Addressing the day's topic: I'm feeling rather refreshed, which is somewhat surprising, given that I was up almost around the clock on the weekend (freelance project) and dozed off on the couch sometime around 1 am. I woke up just in time to yank on some clothes and not be too late for work. Upon arriving, I realized that there is no work (one of our periodic dry spells -- none of the authors are meeting their deadlines). I'm hoping to convince the powers-that-be to close on Friday. I don't care if it's not going to be a paid vacation day -- I'd rather not have to be here.

Anyhow, I hope the concerts were awesome and totally worth the 12 or so hours in the car and the 3 or so hours in bed.

M. Lubbers said...

Official Props to Amy: You did indeed call it in your comment. Right down to the exact song titles.

Now quit listening to Jessica Simpson before I'm forced to take you hostage and play you Pearl Jam, Gomez, Death Cab, and other indie bands until you become human again.