Friday, September 22, 2006

Don't Ever Say This

At lunch the other day, a co-worker of slight acquaintance was talking about some friends of his. These friends do cosmetic surgery, dermatology, etc. Make you look better than nature ever intended.

He mentioned that these friends have demonstrations, where they try to convince unwary people that everyone needs to have regular nips and tucks. The co-worker was somewhat indignant/confused that, when he suggested to his wife that she be one of the demonstration guinea pigs, she refused. He thought it was a great deal—Botox injections for free!

All I could think was: If Keith ever suggested in any way, shape, or form that I should be getting Botox injections, he'd be the one with a fat lip. I don't care if it's a great deal. You're telling me I'm ugly. Or, at the least, I could use a few touch ups.

I asked the guy a few leading questions to see if it ever occurred to him that his wife might be slightly offended. But really, he just couldn't get over what a great deal it would have been.

Please, don't ever tell your significant other to get "work done." Never a good idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys only see the great deal, not the insinuation.

Amy said...

Is this the same noodge who noticed the pants and glasses but didn't remember you?

M. Lubbers said...

Amy: Actually, it's not! Entirely different noodge.