Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Rainy Day Musings

Do you know what's nice about when it's raining as I get to work? If my umbrella's already in the car (as it was today), that means I actually remember to take it into the office. Usually, it stays on the car floor, and it's raining when it's time to leave work.

Why do I always wear my glasses on rainy days? Is there some sort of cause/effect thing going on here? I hate dealing with rain-smeared glasses. You keep wiping and wiping, and yet the water never dries. It just gets more smeary.

*The photo is not only a "brolly" pic, but a shameless reminder to everyone that, in a month's time, I'll be on my way to the UK. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee. That's sooooo touristy. Shouldn't you have a cape on when you step out of there?

I always make the mistake of wearing my glasses on sunny days and they don't make the little fashionable clip on thingies for my frames. Just these. Which, no.

Anonymous said...

What's a brolly pic? DAd and I at first thought that was you_ looks like the one in your hall!
Mom

M. Lubbers said...

Cat: I feel your pain with the sunny day glasses dilemma, too. I think I'm going to get many wrinkles from refusing to wear the clip-ons.

Mom: "Brolly" is Brit slang for an umbrella. Maybe I should try to find one like that and recreate the pic for myself ... (although my nose is MUCH better than hers;)