Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Woxy Rocks for 10 More Days

I'm worthless this week. On Friday, Keith broke the bad news to me that Woxy is, again, going off-air. Last time, they sold the terrestrial radio station. They managed to find some investors to keep the website going for a couple years, but haven't really managed to make money as an Internet-only radio station. So, on September 15, they're reluctantly calling it quits.

I find this terribly depressing. Woxy was completely anti-corporate. They are all about small bands, reaching a niche audience ... I understand that this is probably what led to their demise, but I loved it.

For the next 10 days, I'll be glued to the computer, listening to woxy and trolling the message boards for as long as I can. And in a few months from now, when I haven't heard of any of the new bands, don't blame me. Blame The Man, who put an end to "the future of rock and roll."

No comments: