Monday, February 13, 2006

Luv Special: Political Allies

You all will be getting a special treat this week—not that reading my blog isn't treat enough on its own. But this week, in honor of Valentine's Day, I'll be sharing with you some of my choicest, most embarrassing moments in love.

I think I've been a little boy crazy for as long as I can remember. In kindergarten I had a crush on Rob, who lifted up his shirt in show-and-tell. He wasn't very subtle, but I liked his confidence. I was young and fickle, though, and that crush lasted only about a day.

In first grade, it was Marty. He had red hair and the cutest smile. The way Mrs. Hicks set up our desks, they were arranged in two rows. Each row was composed of desks facing each other. Really, she should have known better. Marty and I were across from each other; it was fate!

I remember when we read the Scholastic news about the presidential election of 1984. Marty and I both agreed that Mondale should win, and bonded in our sorrow over Reagan's landslide. Although this love affair lasted slightly longer than in kindergarten, after about a week Mrs. Hicks moved us because we were talking too much.

And thus ended my first great crush. Marty, however, paled in comparison to middle school and Brian Maguire...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I wonder what this Rob guy is doing now, and whether his abs are still worthy of show-and-tell.